1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this Meet Huda Instagram Contest 2017 (the “Contest”). A purchase will not increase your chance of winning the Contest. The Contest begins 4:00 pm EST on July 18, 2017 and ends 1:00 pm EST on July 25, 2017 (“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, you may enter the Contest by liking the post announcing the Contest, following both @tweezerman & @hudabeauty, and tagging your friends in the comments encouraging them to enter the Contest along with the hastags #TweezermanxHudaBeauty and #MeetHudaContest. For bonus points, post a throwback photo of yourself on Instagram of a time when you had scary, amazing or hilarious eyebrows along with the hashtags #TweezermanxHudaBeauty and #MeetHudaContest and make sure to follow @tweezerman & @hudabeauty.
Incomplete, illegible, false or deceptive entries are void. Winner will be picked and announced on or around 4:00 pm EST on July 25, 2017 from all entries received during the Contest Period. Tweezerman International, LLC (“Tweezerman”) computer will serve as the official time keeping device for this Contest. All entries submitted may be re-posted by Tweezerman on any Tweezerman owned and operated websites, blogs and social media channels and will not be acknowledged except the Winner as defined and as set forth below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: From the official time and date of the start of the Contest Period through the final date of prize fulfillment, you must be a lawful permanent U.S. citizen and resident currently residing in the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. You must also be 18 years of age or older as of the official time and date of the start of the Contest Period. You must have a public Instagram account and follow both @tweezerman & @hudabeauty. The Contest is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, and all other U.S. territories and possessions where restricted or prohibited by law. The Contest, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. This Contest shall be governed by laws of the United States. Employees of Tweezerman and their advertising and contest agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, contest, marketing, administration or fulfillment of this Contest, as well as each of their parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate families (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of their households (whether or not related), are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. SELECTING THE WINNER AND NOTIFICATION: The potential prize winner will be selected by Tweezerman by searching the #MeetHudaContest and allocating points to the person who tagged the most friends with bonus points for the most creative, funny and interesting photo. The Entrant (defined as person that participates in this Promotion) with the most points will be selected by Tweezerman, whose decision is final and binding in all respects, and contacted through Instagram on direct messenger (“DM”) on or about that specified date and time set forth in Section 1 (“Potential Prize Winner”). Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received from Entrants, the photo meeting the criteria set forth herein and tagging friends. Failure of Potential Prize Winner to respond to such notification within 24 hours or Potential Prize Winner’s inability to attend the Event, defined in Section 4, will result in disqualification of Potential Prize Winner and an alternate potential winner will be selected (“Alternative Potential Winner”). Alternate Potential Winner shall be contacted via DM as soon as practicable and shall also have 24 hours to respond confirming his/her ability to attend the Event. Tweezerman reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any Alternate Potential Winner, if any. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS FULLY STATED HEREIN, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE (“Winner”).
4.1 Winner will receive a dinner date with Huda Kattan on August 1, 2017 at approximately 7 pm PST at a location to be disclosed to the Winner (the “Event”) and travel to and from the Event as follows: roundtrip flight to Los Angeles landing on July 31, 2017 and leaving on August 2, 2017, hotel accommodations, car service, and all meals covered (collectively, the “Prize”). Winner is responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with the Prize. Additional restrictions may apply. Winner must be able to attend the Event, as more fully described in Section 6, below.
4.2 Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Prize: 3,000.00 USD
4.3 Tweezerman is not responsible if the Event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and Winner will not be reimbursed for the ARV of Prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein and at Tweezerman’s sole discretion. Tweezerman reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
4.4 Limit one (1) Prize per person/household. Actual value of Prize may vary and any difference between actual value and ARV will not be awarded. Any costs associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the Prize package and are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Such costs may include, without limitation, any incidentals, tips, telephone calls or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein but in relation to the use or acceptance of the Prize which are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
4.5 Winner are responsible for obtaining identification documents required for the Event and for air travel. Tweezerman will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, vouchers, certificates, Prize or prize components once they are in the Winner’s possession. No transfer, or cash or other substitution of any Prize allowed except that Tweezerman reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize or Prize component of comparable or greater value.
5. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS form W – 9 to Tweezerman indicating the Winner’s full Social Security Number or equivalent for the receipt of any Prize awarded by Tweezerman in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Airline tickets will be purchased for Winner in the name as listed in the W-9.
6. PRIZE ELIGIBILITY: IF ANY POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO TRAVEL TO AND ATTEND THE EVENT ON AUGUST 1, 2017 IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, THE POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND WILL RECEIVE NOTHING. AN ALTERNATE POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE SELECTED. A POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS FULLY STATED HEREIN, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. No compensation will be made in the event that the tickets are not awarded, the event does not occur, or does not occur within a certain time period, or if travel is postponed or delayed due to circumstances beyond Tweezerman’s control. Except where prohibited, Potential Prize Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release, and a Tax Acceptance Form (“Affidavit/ Release”). Such documents must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If Potential Prize Winner fails to sign and return such documents within that time, or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible, or if an Entrant does not comply with the Official Rules, then Potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an Alternate Potential Winner will be selected. Entrant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the Prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said Prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said Prize. Tweezerman is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to Entrants not from Tweezerman. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Except where prohibited by law, Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Contest on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review permission or further compensation. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of Prize. Eligibility, age and claims made by a Potential Prize Winner and Guest are also subject to verification prior to awarding of the Prize.
7. CONTEST CONDITIONS - VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Tweezerman and waive any and all right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules or that Entrants publicity rights were infringed upon. Winner and Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities, Instagram and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property; of any acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse of any Prize; or participation in any distribution; or in production errors. Tweezerman may rescind any contest found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. THE CONTEST ENTITIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PRIZE COMPONENTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, NO RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ACCEPTED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR ACTS OR GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
8. RESTRICTIONS - VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: Tweezerman may at Tweezerman’s sole and absolute discretion: (i) provide different prizes of different or greater value; Tweezerman shall not be liable to any Entrant, Winner or any person claiming through such Entrant, Winner for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, reason of any acts of God, any action(s) regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s) regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Tweezerman’s sole control. Tweezerman shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whosoever by the celebrities/events and/or transportation companies. Tweezerman shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. Due to the nature of the Prize, Tweezerman shall not be obligated to provide the Prize to the Potential Prize Winner if a Winner cannot fully enjoy the Prize due to illness or other reason, which shall be determined in Tweezerman’s sole discretion. Under this circumstance, Tweezerman may or may not see and alternate potential winner if it feels there is a reasonable time to do so, in its sole discretion. Tweezerman’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Contest Entities are not responsible for: (1) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failure, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (2) technical failures of any kinds; (3) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (4) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any Prize including, without limitation, travel and flight, attending Event and staying at the hotel. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Tweezerman which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Tweezerman reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Contest and to select potential winners from among all eligible entries received by Tweezerman up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. By entering this Contest you are giving your permission to receive emails from Tweezerman. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TWEEZERMAN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
10. JURY TRIAL WAIVER: EXPECT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW AND AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT HE/SHE MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT TO ANY LITIGATION DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST, ANY DOCUMENT OR AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO CONNECTION HEREWITH AND ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY OR THEREBY.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules for this Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or otherwise associated with Instagram.
14. RULES/WINNERS LIST: For the name and address of prize winner(s) send an email to email@example.com. In the subject of the email, type “Meet Huda Instagram Contest Winner 2017”. Tweezerman shall only release the first name, the last initial and state of residence of the Winner to those requesting this information.
GET THE LATEST FROM TWEEZERMAN. Sign up now to get 10% off your first order.