COMMUNICATIONS AND ONLINE MEDIA MANAGER
Tweezerman has been recognized in the beauty industry for over 30 years for setting the highest standards of quality, reliability, innovation and service with every beauty tool sold.
Featuring cutting edge beauty tools sold through professional beauty suppliers as well as top cosmetic and department stores, chain drug stores and specialty shops, Tweezerman International has been an integral part of parent company Zwilling J.A. Henckels portfolio since 2004 and its posthumously created beauty division, Zwilling Beauty Group, since 2012. Tweezerman is the U.S. hub and sister company to a growing and diverse family of international brands under the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Zwilling Beauty Group umbrella, including: Zwilling Beauty, alessandro International, and QVS Global. While each brand in the portfolio retains distinctive assets designed for different consumer segments, Tweezerman together with its sister brands helps make it possible for the Beauty Group portfolio to achieve category gains while maximizing applications to wider markets, along with cross-selling and broadening opportunities for fostering consumer loyalty across brands. With their hundreds of consumer-trusted products, Tweezerman and the Zwilling Beauty Group family of brands are associated worldwide with premium quality beauty tools that range from flawless brow grooming, face and lashes to manicure/pedicure, hand, foot and nail care, colors and UV gels, and from cosmetic brushes to precise men’s personal care products, along with high quality sets and kits – all varying to include everything from the ultra-affordable to the most luxurious necessities, and together addressing growing and wide-reaching global consumer demand.
The primary responsibility for this position is to develop, manage, and execute strategic, and creative communications, including vehicles, content and visibility opportunities for Tweezerman. The ability to develop and implement a cutting edge, long term communications plan is essential for this position. Additionally, the position will work closely with our web development company to supervise the development, implementation and maintenance of the Tweezerman Global site, alessandro US and Urban Beauty United US web site on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic direction and execution of communication efforts.
- Establishes long term plan for web project implementation and leads and develops the overall online marketing strategy for Tweezerman, alessandro US and Urban Beauty United US.
- Creates and implements online plans that complement and/or extend offline marketing efforts
- Actively maintains, updates and increases traffic to Tweezerman, alessandro US and Urban Beauty United US websites
- Reviews and edits content submitted to ensure clarity and accuracy, consistency with branding standards (logos, formats, colors and new initiatives) and compliance
- Oversee Junior Social Media and E-Commerce Manager to develop social media strategy, main information on all websites including new product and updates, content related news, events and generate email campaigns to build traffic and loyalty.
- Manages administrative tools for different areas on the site such as content and video editing, integrating web links into email designs, managing database content such as store locator, event calendar etc.
- Manages and executes all search engine marketing strategies
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Works with members of the marketing team to ensure the brand is well represented in an online and offline environment
- Acts as a liaison for the creative content team, the technical team and management team
- Provides regular status reports to Director of Marketing and performs other related duties as directed
- Works with outside agencies to develop training materials and videos, and overall communications campaigns
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of communications and online media experience (preferably in cosmetics/beauty industries)
- Excellent project management, analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social medial platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter etc.) and how they can be deployed effectively to maximize results
- Proven track record of successful campaigns that have increased web traffic
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Very strong critical thinking skills; ability to create a plan and clear action steps
- Prior web experience in Consumer Products a plus
- Experience managing a new web program from development through implementation
- Writing/editing experience
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to carefully edit and monitor text for correct grammar and punctuation
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
- Master’s degree desirable