SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (SCM) RESPONSIBILITIES
Supply Chain Management involves the Planning, Coordination and Execution of the processes required for the timely flow of information and materials from our supply base through our Fulfillment department. The Director of Supply Chain will take the lead role in overseeing, coordinating and planning of Supply Chain Operations, Project Management,Process Improvement, and Inventory levels. The Supply Chain Manager reviews existing procedures and examines opportunities with the Director of Operations to streamline production including purchasing, warehousing, distribution and financial forecasting to meet a company’s needs.
1) Plan: Balance demand and supply to meet sourcing, production and delivery requirements working with Sales, Marketing, Sales Forecasting and Sourcing, as well as balancing Service and Inventory levels.
2) Purchasing: Place and expedite purchase orders in accordance to demand planning
3) Production: Plan the local production (packaging) of products to meet actual and anticipated demand.
4) Delivery (Fulfillment): Broker between Fulfillment and Sales to schedule and/or change customer orders to ensure timely shipment of all orders.
5) Manage Supply Chain and capacity with Tweezerman factory in India
6) Support new product launches and sell off activities
7) Problem solving and troubleshooting if needed
8) Strategic Sourcing. Support the company with a selected and reliable Supplier base, supporting Product innovation with new technology, products, etc.
9) Defining, maintaining and monitoring optimal inventory levels in accordance with Working Capital goals.
10) Coordination, feedback and integration of the frequent Sales Planning provided by Sales Analyst
11) Maintenance of Master Product Data including Bill of Materials as provided by Product Management.
12) Implementation, training, maintenance, and further development of Macola, Cockpit, agility and all other integrated software and processes.
13) And other tasks assigned by the Executive Team of the company
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) this person will oversee the Supply Chain Operations, manage the Projects, and coordinate Process Improvements to ensure the timely, efficient, and cost effectiveness of supply chain processes.
This person will require excellent communications and management skills to negotiate, interface and broker between the Marketing, Sales and Operations, Administrative and SCM departmental organizations and processes. Also required is a full understanding of the interaction between existing processes, information requirements, and existing and emerging technologies. Supply Chain Director needs to know distribution center operations, transportation, supplier operations, operations management, cost-benefit analysis, process improvement and logistics strategy. The Supply Chain Director must be able to not only develop solutions, but also drive their implementation across functional areas and through to vendor organizations and supply chain partners. Acquire an excellent product knowledge is mandatory.
The SCM Director will be supported by a team, which will report directly to him:
1) Inventory Planning – Purchase Planning
2) Production Planning – Demand and Resource Planning
3) Purchasing – Operational purchasing
4) Purchasing Expediter
5) Sourcing Director
The SCM Director will have indirect reports, as in a matrix organization, as required to carry out specific Project and Process Improvement Initiatives.
1. SCM Capacity
2. Communication Excellence
3. Strong demand planning background
4. Ethical Conduct
5. Business Acumen
6. Strategic Thinking
8. Mediation skills
9. Problem Solving / Analysis
10. Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
11. Presentation Skills
12. Diversity and Inclusion
13. Willingness to travel 30%-40%
Required Education and Experience
1. Masters' degree or equivalent; or 10 to 15 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Appropriate industry experience, preferably in the Branded Consumer Products field.