A blackhead is a plug of your skin’s natural lubricant (sebum) that is dehydrated and stuck in your pores. It can result from several causes including such things as:
- Lack of water in your system.
- The production of excess oil.
- Excess dead skin cells blocking the opening of the pore.
- An improper cleansing routine that results in oil not being removed.
- The type of make-up you are using.
Do not squeeze out blackheads with your fingers. This can lead to infection and possible scaring. Tweezerman's stainless steel Skin Care Tool hasbeen specially designed for blackhead removal.
How to Get Rid of a Pimple
If you have a pimple, resist the temptation to pop it with your fingers. This is a dangerous idea that can lead to further inflammation or even a scar. Instead, visit your dermatologist or skin care professional, or follow these steps at home:
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Remove all makeup with a gentle cleaner.
- Hold a warm washcloth over the area to open pores around the blemish.
- Cleanse the effected area with a cotton swab soaked in an alcohol based astringent.
- Disinfect ends of a professional skin care tool such as Tweezerman’s Skin Care Tool and place the tool over the blemish.
- Gently press and roll the tool over the blemish and the material will be released from the pore.
- Be sure to cleanse your skin before and after using the extractor to avoid infection.